Integracja Satel CA-6 / CA-10

More than a year ago, I had an idea to integrate my old Satel CA-6 to Home Assistant. The sensors were there around the house, but I could not use them, as the CA-6 has no feasible output iption for that, but the keypad. I did not want to rebuild the whole thing with an ESP board, but I wanted to have access to which sensor is triggered with a nice solution, so started to look at how is the keypad working. As it turned out, the keypad does not have any encryption towards the main board of the alarm, it is absolutely non-encrypted communication. So with a logic analyser I jumped on it and figure out the basics for it, and documented in this proof of concept project:

Recently a guy upgraded the project to his CA-10 so here is the link to that as well.

The reason why I am posting this here, because some of you might have this old alarm, as Satel being a Polish company and the CA-6 and CA-10 was a big hit from the beginning of the 2000s as one of the cheapest and quite reliable alarm systems, without any maintenance. And you might have thought of it to integrate it, but haven’t found any working solution at the time.

2 polubienia