Integracja licznika EON

@M_Stu, then you need a P1 reader. I would think that is better than the WMBUS, if your meter is in a closed place where nobody else can access it and you still have WiFi reception there. But I don’t understand STOEN’s description. What is the point of this?

P1 po złączu Ethernet bez otworu w obudowie (pod osłoną licznika) – GAMA150 i GAMA 350

How anybody can access that if it is under the cover??? It should be a user interface port…

From some point STOEN does an amazing job regarding this subject, even if it is not visible clearly. That article clearly identifies 3 different kind of interfaces, and it suggests that they support all 3 of them. ENEA seals the P1 port on the OTUS3 and turns it off remotely if you have and Iskra AM550 where the P1 port cannot be sealed and you ask for a decryption key. (Just to feel a bit of difference!)

Using a P1 port normally would be easy.

For the P1 port you need a device which can be connected there, like this one:

Or one like this:

This one is more interesting, because Home Wizard is interested to get into new markets, so they have some special program, if your meter is NOT listed on their site and you help them to make it work. For obvious reasons Poland is not on the list, but as far as I know STOEN is first DSO which offers the P1 port as an option. (Here to note the regulation allows the use of other communication standards with an “excuse”.)

For the Zuidwijk one you can likely use it with the preinstalled ESPHome and the DLMS component, but it all depends on the DLMS/COSEM implementation on the meter. (It is a terrible standard, lets phrase it shortly.) If the ESPHome one is not working then you can try to flash this one:

If the meter follows latest standards the P1 port would power the reader and you do not need any external power for that. Unless some requires a jump-start, for that usually you can use a powerbank.

The decryption code that you received is likely the code for the DLMS in your case. It should be a 32 character HEX number.

Also I have a bit of trouble to understand why they list the P1 port as Ethernet port. P1 is usually RJ12 and not RJ45. If RJ45, then it is usually called HAN port.

I would contact STOEN again about how the P1 port can be accessed. The linked article suggest that there is another version of the cover, which has a hole for the P1 port.

P1 po złączu Ethernet z otworem w obudowie licznika – GAMA150 i GAMA 350, MA110M i MA309M

Edit: Just fixed some typos. It was a bit late when I posted this…

I would say, clearly there are multiple different covers for the meter.

1 polubienie

Niestety, muszę potwierdzić, co koledzy napisali. Zadzwonił do mnie człowiek ze STOEN Operator, i powiedział, że sprawdził i potwierdza - mój licznik nie ma na obudowie “WMBUS”, więc nie ma WMBUS. (meh… ). Mogę oczywiście przez port P1.
Zobaczę ile kosztuje u nich licznik z WMBUS. Nie chce mi się kupować kolejnego narzędzia. Niech już będzie porządny licznik. Oby tylko nie kosztowało to 1000zł…

@GSzabados - if you have P1 port, it should be indicated on the box, and it is under cover, that is “locked”. You see it nicely on my meter, behind that green thingy. :smiley: … Guy told me that I can easily request to have a technician to come, remove the “lock”, I can connect what I need. (and likely it will be re-locked again).
Under the cover there was only a RJ socket.
(I think best hack would be to ask to connect … a male-female 20cm-long tail to have the socket outside :D)

If you ask for your meter to be replaced to a Smart Meter the DSOs usually charge you about 400-500 PLN (in that ballpark as I remember). They should have a clear pricing on their website.

That RJ socket is actually the P1 port. It should be an RJ12 as the normal P1 port. The one from Zuidwijk comes with the a cable, but you really need to confirm what kind of connector is under the cover. (The second image on the STOEN website has a drawing of it on the meter, and suggests RJ12 with 6 pins)

RJ12 Cable included ~50cm

thank for info :slight_smile: By any chance, do you know if P1 gives more info than WMBUS/wmbusmeters ?
(not that I need more than what is provided now by wmbus/wmbusmeters)

Port P1 jest wykorzystywany w licznikach zgodnych DSMR, więc tam znajdziesz więcej info

It all depends on the programming of the meter. But if you look at the AMSReader’s documentation (Wiki) you can see some example of the Norwegian and Danish meter configurations:

Also you need to understand what is actually the standard that the port supports. If you look at this table on the AMSReader page, you can see that the Kaifa meters have a MBUS port, which has higher voltage (12/24/36V) output than the normal P1 ports (3.3V or 5V). So you will need hardware accordingly.

So basically you need some documentation from STOEN what the port does and how. In Western European countries this is happening usually actively and the information is shared publicly, without any concerns. I talked with a guy from Switzerland who has received a meter from his operator just to test it. (I couldn’t even believe what he is saying, I though he was just joking, but it was the interest of the operator to make it work and people would be able to use it, so they provided equipment and support as well, also they were updating the firmware to make it work.) - It is generally the mentality. Nobody assumes that you would steal electricity or tamper with it. Unlike in Eastern Europe.

1 polubienie

Damn… all things considered I think I will ask and pay for meter replacement…
I asked Stoen for replacement (supposedly it was to be with wmbus) and a price.

U kolegi w PGE zażyczyli sobie 300zł za wymianę. Ciekawe ile sobie zawoła stoen